Apollo & Daphne / [Helen Douglas].
- Additional Title(s):
Apollo and Daphne
- [Yarrow] : [Weproductions], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : all col. ill. ; 18 x 216 cm, folded to 18 x 4 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D68 A66 2011 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Printed on Chinese Paper, ultra chrome inks. Card end covers. Edition of 30."--Weproductions website.
BAC: British Art Center copy housed with the artist's Leda and the swan.
"These two myths [Apollo & Daphne, and Leda and the Swan] sited/sighted in the Border country are conceived as a pair. Both concertinas are fan like, fleeting and, as light as a feather. The chase of Apollo & Daphne appears fleetingly in dappled dark and wooded light to be quickly dispersed within the deep turbulent rush of a Scottish burn with its Alder green leaves and grasping red roots, until all is gone in the flowing stream of the concertina. In contrast the meeting of Leda and the Swan is glimpsed within the light leafy clearing of a Scottish loch, the concertina itself opening as wings to reveal this central opening."--Weproductions website.
- Subject Terms:
- Apollo (Deity) -- In art.Art and mythology.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Daphne (Nymph) -- In art.Douglas, Helen, 1952- Leda and the Swan.Weproductions -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.