Turtle soup [kit].
- Brighton : Borbonesa, 2003-2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 box : ill. ; 22 x 14 x 6 cm. + 4 3 in. CDs.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B745 T87 2004 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- "The various papers, postcards and colour discs contained within this hand-printed coffinbox were originally issued in four distinct measures over the course of a single solar cycle. Each measure (or Part) rallied for a variant Realm of the Natural World, invoking to its cause; literacy, pictorial and sonic musings. This Soup-Set (then), which began as a series of crack-prone tracing paper chrysalises, emergers in its original intended final form. Barbonesa Publishing, January 2004"--End Note.
"Turtle Soup was a year-long project which culminated every quarter with the publication of a limited edition treat-filled tracing-paper wallet. Each of these wallets contained an accordion paper, an A2 double-sided poster (featuring illustration and collage) and a three-inch CD of music (by the regressive studio His Son Elroy). By these material processes the collaborators sought to publicize their combined ruminations upon the wonder of the natural world."--Borbonesa website.
"Borbonesa is a group of makers of things, collaborating to create experimental multi-authored works. These works often find manifestation as published papers, but also as exhibitions, public interventions and private dinner parties. The group has come to be know as Borbonesa, after the title of its first printed volume"--Borbonesa website.
Limited edition of 100 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 8 of 100.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Borbonesa -- Publisher.Nature in art.Visual literature.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Buttons (information artifacts)
- Four accordion papers
- Four queen-sized postcards
- Four compact discs of minute proportions (music by His Son Elroy)
- Three large, monotone compositions (each backed by a coloured print)
- The first edition of 'Thy Paper Elroy'
- Four bonus inserts
- One button
- End note.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.