Of flowers & a village : an entertainment for flower lovers / by Wilfrid Blunt ; illustrated by Richard Shirley Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
Of flowers and a village
- London : Hamish Hamilton, 1963.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 296 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 46Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Illustrations and jacket design by Richard Shirley Smith, consisting of fifty line drawings including the dust jacket."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 46
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green cloth, with dust jacket.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
"A series of letters from one Wilfird Sharp to his goddaughter, Flora, ill in an Edinburgh hospital ... We are presented little by little with a composite picture of life in a village with all its agreeably eccentric characters ... But the most striking aspect of the book, and the one closest to the author's heart, is the description of the garden which Sharp takes over in a hideously neglected condition and gradually converts into a thing of beauty."--Dust jacket.
- Subject Terms:
- Country life -- England -- Fiction.Gardens -- England -- Fiction.Hamish Hamilton -- Publisher.Villages -- England -- Fiction.
- Dust jackets (Binding)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.