Clarke, Elizabeth, The darkening green , 1964
- The darkening green / by Elizabeth Clarke.
- London : Faber and Faber, 1964.
- Physical Description:
- 237 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 54Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Novel. "This is the story of a woman who has just learnt that she is losing her sight, and decides to write down everything she sees or remembers so that in future her memory will be refreshed by having her notebook read to her."--Dust jacket.
Printed by Bowering Press, Plymouth.
"The decorations in this book were engraved on wood by Richard Shirley Smith. Ten engravings used on dust jacket, title page and chapter heads in various combinations [Bain nos. 58-67]."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 54
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 58-67
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth, with dust jacket.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Faber and Faber -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1964.
Dust jackets (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.