Folio Society (London, England), Prospectus, 1965, 1965
- Prospectus, 1965.
- [London] : Folio Society, 1965.
- Physical Description:
- 26 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 66Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "The decorated rule on the front cover and the head piece on page 3 were engraved by Richard Shirley Smith [Bain nos. 79-80]. "--Moss.
"Richard Shirley Smith illustrated five books for The Folio Society prior to 1996, including Sir Richard de Coverly (1967) [no. 233; page 129]; Philip Stanhope (1973) [no. 327; page 152]; Robert Browning, Dramatic Monologues (1991) [no. 689; page 240]; Perfect and Imperfect Enjoyments (1992) [no. 725; page 252]; and Ovid, Metamorphoses (1995) [no. 812; page 275]. In each instance the citation in Folio 50 is accompanied by a reproduction of one Shirley Smith illustration for the book, including a full page from the Ovid on page 277. Shirley Smith subsequently contributed to four books for The Folio Society: prints for The Folio Golden Treasury designed by Simon Brett (1997); cover designs for Shakespeare, Complete Plays (1997); frontispiece and 21 line drawings for Virgil, The Ecologues (2000); and cover design for Carcopino, Daily Life in Ancient Rome (2004)."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 24, 66
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 79-80
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original green printed wrappers.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Book clubs (Bookselling)Folio Society (London, England) -- Bibliography.Folio Society -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1995.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.