Sir Roger de Coverly / by Joseph Addison, Sir Richard Steele & Eustace Budgell ; edited by John Hampden, with wood engravings by Richard Shirley Smith.
- London : Folio Society, 1967.
- Physical Description:
- 158 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 85Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "The illustrations consist of a frontispiece portrait of Addison and Steele and 30 wood-engraved head pieces [Bain nos. 85-115], one used at the opening of each essay. Shirley Smith also engraved a decorative rule, which is used beneath each head piece and on the title page."--Moss.
"Richard Shirley Smith's first book project for The Folio Society."--Bain.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 85
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 85-115
BAC: British Art Center copy bound by W. and J. Mackay in quarter brown buckram, marbled paper boards, and green end papers. In a brown slip case.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Folio Society -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1967.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.