Bretherton, J. C. (John Christopher), 1925-, The prince and the puppeteer , 
The prince and the puppeteer : a fairy story / by J.C. Bretherton ; with engravings by Richard Shirley Smith.
- Compton, Chamberlayne, Salisbury [England] : Compton Press, 
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 88Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "The engravings [Bain nos. 137-142] were cut on lino."--Moss.
"Of this edition of 1000 copies, 100 have been signed by author and engraver, and numbered."--Colophon.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 88
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 137-142
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 66 of a limited edition of 1000 copies. Bound publisher's original illustrated wrappers.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Children's stories.Compton Press -- Publisher.Fairy tales.
- Linocuts -- 1969.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.