The poems of Percy Bysshe Shelley / selected, edited, and introduced by Stephen Spender ; illustrated with wood engravings by Richard Shirley Smith.
- Norwalk, Conn. : Heritage Press 1974.
- Physical Description:
- xxvi, 313 p. : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 93Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Designed by John Dreyfus in 13 point monotype Bembo. Reprint of the Limited Editions Club edition of 1971 ... Endpapers printed with enlarged detail of Shirley Smith's 'Flowery Wreath' [Bain no. 180] ... There is a variant of the Heritage Press edition binding with plain white endpapers and boards printed with an enlarged detail in four-side bleed of 'Moths and Moon' [Bain no. 192]. There is no mention that this is a reprint of the Limited Editions Club edition."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 93
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 180, 192
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth, front cover die-stamped with 55 x 44 mm stylized papyrus plant motif. In original slip case. Has laid in "The Heritage Club Sandglass" (4 p.), comprising a description of the present work.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 19th century.
- Wood engravings -- 1974.
YCBA Collections Search
Shelley, Percy Bysshe, 1792-1822, The poems of Percy Bysshe Shelley , 1974
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.