Azrael & other poems / Sylvia Townsend Warner.
- Additional Title(s):
Azrael and other poems
- Newbury, Berkshire : Libanus Press, 1978.
- Physical Description:
-  p. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 102Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "This collection of poems was first circulated in typescript by Sir Peter Pears at the Aldeburgh Festival in 1977. The author was approached for permission to print them in their present form and this was granted shortly before her death in May, 1978. This volume is dedicated to her memory. The book was made at the Libanus Press ... is hand-set in Perpetua Italic, and limited to 200 copies, one half printed on T.H. Saunders paper, the other on Velin Arches."--Colophon.
"Richard Shirley Smith's 'cone and ribbons' Libanus Press logo [1975; Bain no. 235] used on the colophon page and on the prospectus produced by the press ...'"--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 102
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 235
BAC: British Art Center copy no. 140 of 200. Bound in publisher's original printed wrappers. Publisher's printed prospectus for this work laid in.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Libanus Press -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1977.
- Dorset endearments
- In April
- Ballad story
- Graveyard in Norfolk
- Earl Cassilis's lady
- December 31st. St. Silvester
- Gloriana dying
- A journey by night.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.