Nine vignettes : from The gourmet's garden / Richard Smirley Smith.
- Blewbury, Oxfordshire : Merivale Editions, [1985?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : all ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 116Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Date of publication from Moss. The artist has dated the print 1986.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 116
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 44-53
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 408 of 500, signed and dated by the artist. In publisher's original printed wrappers.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
"Nine vignettes are engravings on boxwood originally commissioned as decorations for The gourmet's garden (Faber & Faber, 1964). They are here printed directly from the blocks in a numbered and signed edition of 500 copies on 145 gsm Zerkall mould-made paper. The printing has been undertaken by Jonathan Stephenson at the Rocket Press, Blewbury, Oxfordshire."--Back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Bartrúm, Douglas. Gourmet's garden -- Illustrations.Rocket Press -- Publisher.Shirley Smith, Richard.
- Wood engravings -- 1985.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.