Perfect and imperfect enjoyments : poems / by John Wilmot Earl of Rochester ; with an introduction by Christopher Hibbert ; and illustrated with paintings by Richard Shirley Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Folio Press, 1992.
- Physical Description:
- 109,  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 126Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Eight leaves of two-color lithographed plates [facing pp. 3, 19, 30, 52, 70, 89, 95 and 96]. Typeset in monotype Garamond. Printed on white Magnani mould-made paper by Stamperia Valdonega, Verona, Italy, photolithographic plates printed at the Senecio Press, Charlbury, Oxfordshire. Five hundred numbered copies printed of which 450 copies are quarter bound in Oasis morocco and 50 special copies are bound in full vellum with a separate portfolio of illustrations. In addition to the 500 numbered copies, 40 additional lettered copies (35 standards and five specials) were printed and bound for private distribution by the Society."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 126
BAC: British Art Center copy is signed and numbered 168/500. Bound by the Fine Bindery in quarter dark red morocco, Cockerell marbled paper boards; dark green endpapersr. In original dark green clamshell box, with printed paper cover label and leather spine label. Two copies of the prospectus for the present work laid in.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry.
YCBA Collections Search
Rochester, John Wilmot, Earl of, 1647-1680, Perfect and imperfect enjoyments , 1992
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.