Cat cuts : a collection of engravers' cats / compiled by Miriam Macgregor.
- New ed.
- London : Primrose Hill Press, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 46 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 137Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- With engravings of cats by Leslie Benenson, Rosalind Bliss, Simon Brett, Christopher Cunliffe, Edwina Ellis, Peter Forster, Ulla Frisch, Joan Hassall, Pamela Hughes, Nicholas Johnson, Cordelia Jones, Anne Jope, Beth Krommes, John Lawrence, Miriam Macgregor, Enid Marx, Jennifer Mathison, Agness Miller Parker, Gwenda Morgan, Shirley Mungapen, Rosemary Myers, Sarah van Niekerk, John O'Connor, Hilary Paynter, William Rawlinson, Paula Rudall, Sue Scullard, Richard Shirley Smith, Yvonne Skargon, Mary Speaight, Sybella Stiles, Reynolds Stone, Margaret Theakston, Sister Margaret Tournour, Ann Tout, Clifford Webb, and Hellmuth Weissenborn.
"Includes three Richard Shirley Smith wood engravings: Benoît Junod bookplate [1983, Bain no. 256, North Lee no. 25], 'Portrait of Pépé' [1980; Bain no. 245]. and 'The Artists' Cats'' 1981 [Bain no. 252]."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 137
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 245, 252, 256
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark blue book cloth with dust jacket.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Cats -- Pictorial works.Cats in art.Primrose Hill Press -- Publisher.Wood-engraving -- Themes, motives.
- Wood engravings -- 1999.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.