The Eclogues / translated by James Michie ; introduction by Gilbert Highet ; decorations by Richard Shirley Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Folio Society, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 61 p. : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 138Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Typeset in Centaur at the Folio Society; printed by Butler and Tanner, Frome, on Rivoli rag-content paper and bound by them ... Book cloth with paper sides over-printed with a design by Shirley Smith, contained in a slipcase. Frontispiece and 21 other line drawings used for chapter heads, etc."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 138
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's quarter brown cloth and yellow boards over-printed with a design by Shirley Smith; in original slipcase.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Country life -- Rome -- Poetry.Folio Society -- Publisher.Pastoral poetry, Latin -- Translations into English.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.