Daily life in ancient Rome : the people and the city at the height of the Empire / Jérôme Carcopino ; edited by Henry T. Rowell ; translated from the French by E.O. Lorimer ; introduced by Keith Hopkins.
- Additional Title(s):
Daily life in ancient Rome
Vie quotidienne à Rome à l'apogée de l'Empire. English
- [New ed.]
- London : Folio Society, 2004.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 387 p,  p of plates : ill, maps ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 141Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Typeset in Poliphilus and Blado at The Folio Society. Printed at St Edmundsbury Press, Bury St Edmunds, on Clan Book wove paper. Bound by Reallachenmaier, Reutlingen, Germany, in full cloth, over-printed with a design by Richard Shirley Smith. Red paper covered slip case."--Moss.
Maps on lining papers.
In slip case.
First published: Routledge, 1941. Published in Pelican Books: 1956.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 141
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in full cloth, over-printed with a design by Richard Shirley smith. In slip case.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Folio Society -- Publisher.Rome -- History -- Republic, 265-30 B.C.Rome -- Social life and customs.
- Wood engravings -- 2004.
YCBA Collections Search
Carcopino, Jérôme, 1881-1970, Daily life in ancient Rome , 2004
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.