Metamorphoses / Ovid ; translated by Mary M. Innes ; illustrations by Richard Shirley Smith.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Folio Society, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- xxix, 350 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 130Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- " Eight leaves of color reproductions of paintings by Shirley Smith (facing pp. 32, 49, 97, 112, 225, 240, 288 and 305). In addition to the plates there are thirteen tail-pieces (one used twice) and the title-page design, which incorporates the main title and imprint in a pastiche of a classical monumental inscription. Typeset in 13-point Baskerville with Fry's Baskerville for display. Typeset by Gloucester Typesetting Services, printed and bound by The Bath Press on Hamilton Wove and Mohawk Superfine paper and bound by them in quarter leatherette with pale grey cloth sides over-printed in dark green with a drawing by Shirley Smith, after Bernini. Gray slip case."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 130
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter leatherette with pale grey cloth sides over-printed in dark green with a drawing by Shirley Smith, after Bernini. Lacks gray slip case. Laid in is the publisher's color prospectus (4 p.) for the present work.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Folio Society -- Publisher.Metamorphosis -- Mythology -- Poetry.Mythology, Classical -- Poetry.
- Wood engravings -- 1995.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.