Ten letters to two young artists working in Italy, Juliet Wood & Richard Shirley Smith / David Jones ; preface by John Montague ; edited by Derek Shiel.
- Additional Title(s):
Letters to two young artists working in Italy, Juliet Wood & Richard Shirley Smith
- London : Agenda Editions, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 51 p. : ill., ports., facsims. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 131Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "A limited edition of 160 copies has been printed and bound by Simon Settle, Otley, West Yorkshire, for Agenda Editions. Those numbered 1 to 150 are for subscribers and for sale. There are ten copies, A to J, for review and libraries. They all contain a correspondingly numbered and signed wood-engraving by Richard Shirley Smith, which is mentioned in the letters. This is the dedicatory engraving 'J to G.F.' from A point of departure by Joyce Finzi. Cambridge: The Golden Head Press (1967)."--Page .
"Designed by Shirley Smith; typeset by Libanus Press, Marlborough ... Quarter bound in tan book cloth, boards illustrated with squeeze of a Roman inscription made by Shirley Smith in Rome."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 131
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in tan book cloth, boards illustrated with squeeze of a Roman inscription made by Shirley Smith in Rome. In slipcase.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Agenda Editions -- Publisher.Artists -- England -- Correspondence.Authors, English -- 20th century -- Correspondence.Jones, David, 1895-1974 -- Correspondence.Smith, Richard Shirley -- Correspondence.Wood, Juliet -- Correspondence.
- Wood engravings -- 1996.
YCBA Collections Search
Jones, David, 1895-1974, Ten letters to two young artists working in Italy, Juliet Wood & Richard Shirley Smith , 1996
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.