The Highgrove Florilegium exhibition / Garden Museum, summer 2009.
- London : Garden Museum, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 64 p. : col. ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 143Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Images and extracts from The Highgrove Florilegium published by Addison Publications Limited. © A.G. Carrick Limited 2008."--P. 63.
"Includes drawn vignettes by Richard Shirley Smith from the Florilegium."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 143
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated wrappers.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
"This exclusive exhibition book explains the history of the term 'florilegium' using one of the introductions to The Highgrove Florilegium by Christopher Mills, Librarian at The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. It also describes the traditional crafts used in the making of the publication and lists the artists' biographies, whilst being interspersed with beautiful images from the watercolour collection."--Back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical artists -- Biography.Botanical illustration -- Exhibitions -- England.Flowers in art -- Exhibitions -- England.Garden Museum -- Publisher.Highgrove (England)Plants in art -- Exhibitions -- England.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.