Memoirs : laughing and dancing our way to the precipice / Madame de La Tour du Pin ; translated from the French by Felice Harcourt.
- Additional Title(s):
Journal d'une femme de cinquante ans. English
- London : Harvill Press, 1999, c1969.
- Physical Description:
- 468 p. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 136Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Reprint. Originally published: Memoirs of Madame de la Tour du Pin. 1969.
"Cover illustration of Madame de La Tour du Pin by Richard Shirley Smith; series design by Libanus Press. Harvill Press logo by Shirley Smith [Bain no. 264] on title page."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 136
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 264
Includes bibliographic references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original illustrated wrappers.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 -- Personal narratives.France -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.France -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Harvill Press -- Publisher.La Tour du Pin Gouvernet, Henriette Lucie Dillon, marquise de, 1770-1853 -- Diaries.Nobility -- France -- Diaries.United States -- Social life and customs -- 1783-1865.
YCBA Collections Search
La Tour du Pin Gouvernet, Henriette Lucie Dillon, marquise de, 1770-1853, Memoirs , 1999, c1969
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.