The Folio golden treasury : "the best songs and lyrical poems in the English language" / chosen and introduced by James Michie ; illustrated with wood engravings by various artists selected by Simon Brett.
- London : The Folio Society, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- xxxiv, 733 p : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 132Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- In slip case.
"Set in Baskerville at The Folio Society. Printed at St Edmundsbury Press on Balmoral Book Wove paper. Bound by Hunter & Foulis, Edinburgh, in quarter leather and cloth sides printed with a design by Simon Brett."--Page [iv].
"Included are engravings by Shirley Smith illustrating sections: 8, 169, 170, 171, 187, 205, 224 (three engravings), 291, 292, 294, 296, 298, 299, 300 (two engravings), 301 (two engravings), 302 (three engravings)--in all 22 engravings, many of which had previously been commissioned for Folio Society books."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 132
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter leather with cloth sides over-printed with a design by Simon Brett contained in a slip case.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry.Folio Society -- Publisher.Lyric poetry.
- Wood engravings -- 1997.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.