Ex-libris : enciclopédia bio-bibliografica da arte do ex-libris contemporaneo = encyclopedie bio-bibliographique de l'art de L'ex-Libris contemporain = encyclopaedia bio-bibliographical of the art of the contemporary ex-libris = Bio-Bibliographische Enzyklopadie der zeitgenossischen Exlibriskunst
- Additional Title(s):
Enciclopedia bio-bibliografica da arte do ex-libris contemporaneo
Encyclopedie bio-bibliographique de l'art de L'ex-Libris contemporain
Encyclopaedia bio-bibliographical of the art of the contemporary ex-libris
Bio-Bibliographische Enzyklopadie der zeitgenossischen Exlibriskunst
- Braga, Portugal : Editorial Franciscana, 1985-2002.
- Physical Description:
- 30 v. : chiefly ill. (some col.) ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 5Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Includes an entry by Brian North Lee on Richard Shirley Smith (v. 4, p. 159-174) with a photograph of the artist and reproductions of seventeen bookplates. Also includes a "Checklist of Ex-Libris by Richard Shirley Smith" with descriptions of thirty-three bookplates through 1984.
Portuguese, English, French, German.
"Published ... under the Supervision and editorship of Artur Mario da Mota Miranda."
"Edition of 500 numbered copies"
"Volume 30 of this 'Encyclopaedia' will be the last of the series. A new series of books dedicated to continuing up-to-date documentation of the same king [sic] will be published soon with the title 'Contemporary international ex-libris artists'."--P. 6, v. 29.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 5
BAC: British Art Center copy comprises volume 4 only. No. 41 of a limited edition of 500 copies. Bound in publisher's original red cloth. Shirley Smith's copy with his studio ex libris.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Bookplate designers -- Periodicals.Bookplates -- Periodicals.Shirley Smith, Richard.
- Wood engravings -- 1986.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.