Hick, hack, hock.
- London : Circle Press, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) : chiefly ill. ; 16 x 46 cm, folded to 11 x 6 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 H535 1995 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A series of book-works varying in size (7 x 5 cm-13 x 18 cm) based on the 'paper, scissor, stone' game. The scissors are blind-embossed onto a concertina of hand-made black paper with split stones (which act as covers) adhered to both ends of the folded pages. Text printed letterpress in 8 pt Helvetica. Each book contained in a hinged custom-made box. London, 1996-7."--Cooking the books.
"Made by Ron King at Circle Press on hand-made paper by Susan Fateh of New York, stones from New Zealand. London MCMXCV."--Colophon.
Cooking the books, p. 176
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 192
BAC: British Art Center copy rock covers measure 8 x 7 cm.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.Games in art.Rock-paper-scissors (Game)Stone in art.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Handmade papers (Paper)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.