Chesil Bank, south / [by] Keith Please.
- Guildford : Circle Press Publications, 1975.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : 1 ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6066.L38 C44 1975+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Illustrated with a rendition of an Ordnance Survey map of Chesil Bank, in two versions, both with text printed letterpress in 14 pt. Times Roman: 1. 200 copies - 8 pp. on Glastonbury Book paper 24 x 16.5 cm. stapled to grey sugar-paper covers, with map printed ochre in relief. 2. 75 signed copies, with map printed blind-intaglio with the same letterpress text on J. Green mould-made paper, sewn into Strathmore card covers. Guildford, 1975. (A second edition of the intaglio version was printed in 1980 in an edition of 100 unsigned copies, 40 of which were destroyed in the press flood of 2000)."--Cooking the books.
Cooking the books, p. 169
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 238 of a limited edition of 260 copies. Unsigned.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Chesil Beach (England) -- Poetry.Circle Press -- PublisherEnglish poetry.Guildford (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1975.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Relief prints -- 1975.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.