The gnat and the lion : a fable from Aesop with relief prints by Willow Legge.
- Additional Title(s):
Gnat and the lion. English.
- Guildford [Surrey] : Circle Press, 1982.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPA3855 .E5 1982+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Two blind-intaglio designs carved from lino for a pamphlet with the text rewritten by the artist and printed in letterpress in 14 pt Optima. 100 signed copies ... on mould-made paper sewn into brown card cover."--Cooking the books.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 173
BAC: British Art Center copy is unnumbered. Signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Circle Press -- Publisher.Fables, English -- Translations from Greek.Fables, Greek -- Translations into English.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Embossed prints -- 1982.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.