Historical record of the honourable East India Company's first Madras European regiment , 1843
- Historical record of the honourable East India Company's first Madras European regiment : containing an account of the establishment of independent companies in 1645 : their formation into a regiment in 1748 : and its subsequent services to 1842 / by a staff officer.
- London : Smith, Elder, and co., 1843.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 575,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS442.5 H73 1843Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold-stamped pink publisher's cloth.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement's:  p. at end.
BAC: Binder's ticket reads: Bound by Westley's & Clark,.
Printed by Stewart and Murray, Old Bailey.
Illustrations by Edwards and A.R. Grieve; after George Dance.
Errata slip tipped in.
Attributed to James George Smith Neill.
BM v.18 555
- Subject Terms:
- East India Company.India -- History, Military -- History.Smith, Elder, and co. -- Publisher.Stewart and Murray -- Printer.Westley's & Clark -- Binder.
- Mezzotints -- 1843.
Lithographs -- 1843.
Engravings -- 1843.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.