IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Historical record of the honourable East India Company's first Madras European regiment , 1843
Historical record of the honourable East India Company's first Madras European regiment : containing an account of the establishment of independent companies in 1645 : their formation into a regiment in 1748 : and its subsequent services to 1842 / by a staff officer.
- London : Smith, Elder, and co., 1843.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 575,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDS442.5 H73 1843Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold-stamped pink publisher's cloth.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement's:  p. at end.
BAC: Binder's ticket reads: Bound by Westley's & Clark,.
Printed by Stewart and Murray, Old Bailey.
Illustrations by Edwards and A.R. Grieve; after George Dance.
Errata slip tipped in.
Attributed to James George Smith Neill.
BM v.18 555
- Subject Terms:
- East India Company.India -- History, Military -- History.Smith, Elder, and co. -- Publisher.Stewart and Murray -- Printer.Westley's & Clark -- Binder.
- Mezzotints -- 1843.
Lithographs -- 1843.
Engravings -- 1843.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.