Picasso & modern British art , 2012
- Picasso & modern British art / edited by James Beechey and Chris Stephens.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Picasso and modern British art
- London : Tate, 2012.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : col. ill. ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryNJ18 P53 P3342 2012 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Published to accompany the touring exhibition of the same name, Tate Britain, London, 15 February - 15 July, 2012 [and] The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, 4 August - 4 November 2012.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
'Picasso and Modern British Art' explores an overlooked yet important aspect of Pablo Picasso's life and work: his lifelong connection with the United Kingdom. Tracing his rise in Britain, this book demonstrates that the British engagement with Picasso and his art has been much deeper and more varied than was previously understood.
- Picasso and Britain / James Beechey -- The Picassos of British criticism c.1910-c.1945 / Christopher Green -- The politics of Picasso in Cold War Britain / Andrew Brighton -- Cooper's capers and their consequences for Picasso, Penrose and the Tate / John Richardson interviewed by Chris Stephens -- Picasso in Britain 1910-1914 / James Beechey -- Duncan Grant and Picasso / James Beechey -- Wyndham Lewis and Picasso / Richard Humphreys -- Picasso in Britain 1919 / James Beechey -- Ben Nicholson and Picasso / Christopher Green -- Picasso in Britain 1920-1939 / James Beechey, Patrick Elliott, Helen Little and Chris Stephens -- Henry Moore and Picasso / Christopher Green -- Francis Bacon and Picasso / Chris Stephens -- Picasso in Britain 1937-1939 / Helen Little -- Graham Sutherland and Picasso / Chris Stephens -- Picasso in Britain 1945-1960 / Helen Little -- David Hockney and Picasso / Chris Stephens -- The Three Dancers
- Subject Terms:
- Art, English -- 20th century -- Exhibitions.Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 -- Friends and associates.Picasso, Pablo, 1881-1973 -- Influence.