Heart book III.
- Additional Title(s):
Heart book 3
- [London] : [Circle Press], 
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 H43 1996 Flat AYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "A range of Heart Books were made as original items for the V&A gift shop for Valentine's Day. Discarded books of different size and thickness were cut right through with a jig-saw. Some hearts were hand-painted inside and outside and are removable from the main book block. The series is signed but unlimited."--Cooking the books.
Title written in manuscript on a preliminary page of one of the removeable hearts.
Date of publication from Cooking the books.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 176
BAC: British Art Center's copy is created from a copy of Gerald Seymour's Kingfisher (London : Collins, 1977). Painted blue covers. Text block cut in four heart shapes, two of which are removable. Signed by artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Altered books -- Specimens.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.Valentine's Day -- In art.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.