The Highgrove florilegium : MMVIII [prospectus].
- London : Addison Publications, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. : col. ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 143aYale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Cover title.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 143a
BAC: British Art Center copy also includes a photocopy of a review of the florilgegium: Ursula Buchan, "Celebrating a royal garden," Country Life (2009 May 13): 68.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
The propsecuts comprises a packet of unbound items, including: two variant brochures describing the florilegium, with illustrations; a color photograph of the two volumes, with the second volume open to the illustration of Helleborus orientalis; an untitled sheet with illustrations (on one side) by Richard Shirley Smith--presumably, this is a reproduction of the endpapers; an illustrated glossy folder, the interior pocket of which encloses all of the above.
"The Highgrove Florilegium (London: Addison Publicatons Ltd., 2008-2009) was published for The Prince's Charities Foundation. It is a two-volume fine art facsimile of original watercolors by several botanical artists of plants and trees growing at Highgrove in Gloucestershire, the home of TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall. The print run was limited to 175 numbered copies (at £10,950 per copy) with a preface signed by HRH The Prince of Wales. Richard Shirley Smith's vignettes of features from the Highgrove garden were used as endpapers and throughout the text."--Moss.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical artists -- Biography.Botanical illustration -- Exhibitions -- England.Flowers in art -- Exhibitions -- England.Highgrove (England)Plants in art -- Exhibitions -- England.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.