Dragon trictrac = Draig wyddbwyll = Backgammon dragon / Childe Roland.
- Additional Title(s):
- Llangollen : Childe Roland, 1983.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 20 x 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C445 D73 1983Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Childe Roland is the pen name of Peter Noël Meilleur.
Facing the page : British artists' books, p. 64
"This book of red, green and white paper remnants takes its design from the flag of Wales which in turn must have had as its model the lush and lilting countryside of Wales. Creeping through this paper landscape is the red dragon which adorns the flag and which according to Arthurian legend was first thought to be a comet or shooting star, a sign--namely the coming of Arthur."--Title leaf. Also given in parallel statements of French and Welsh.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Wales.Cut-out craft -- Great Britain.Dragons in art.Flags -- Wales.Paper work -- Great Britain.Wales -- In art.
- Artists' books.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.