Isle arcs, circles & ways : a guide to the Isle of Thanet : circle poems for twelve letterboxes sited on the Isle of Thanet with guides by their keepers / Alec Finlay.
- Margate : Turner Contemporary ; 2005.
Newcastle-upon-Tyne : Morning Star, 2005.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill., maps ; 21 cm.+ 1 postcard.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F44 I87 2005Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Limited edition of 5000 copies.
Artist's book consisting of directions to 12 letterboxes on the Isle of Thanet, "each containing its own rubber stamp circle poem. The poems are intended for you to collect, stamping them in the boxes provided [in the book]. The guides for each letterbox were written by their local keepers"--P. .
Issued in in a plastic zip-up bag with a postcard.
"Letterboxing is a form of hobby walking and rubberstamp collecting. Over the next few years Alec is placing 100 letterboxes at sites around the globe. Each box protects a circle poem. Some of the boxes are sited singly in locations that are described in guides written by their keepers. Other letterboxes are composed into walks."--Artist's website.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed cardboard wrappers. Accompanied by postcard. Lacks plastic zip-up bag.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Letterboxing (Game)Morning Star -- Publisher.Rubber stamps -- Great Britain.Thanet (England) -- Guidebooks.Turner Contemporary -- Publisher.Walking -- England -- Thanet.
- Artists' books.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.