Mesostic herbarium : a phytological anthology / by various amateurs of botany ; being a partial heterodox collection of mesostic poems on the names of flora, arranged according to habitat.
- Edinburgh : Platform Projects, c2004.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 18 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (3 in.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.F44 M47 2004Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Limited edition of 4500 copies.
"Mesostic herbarium is an album of phytological and mycological poems collected from people in many countries. As with all the forms that I have adapted or adopted for artist anthologies ... the mesostic is guided by certain rules: choose a plant, its name gives a stem; compose a poem, one word per line ... The dynamic of words strung up and down a key chain--language in a tangle--suggested they be animated, and so we have produced a CD-ROM presenting 144 mesostics by children aged from six to fourteen ..."--From "Tangled language," at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botany -- Poetry.Plants -- Poetry.Platform Projects -- Publisher.
- Artists' books.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.