Shirley Smith, Richard, Wood engravings for poems of Shelley , [1971?]
Wood engravings for poems of Shelley / Richard Shirley Smith.
- [Cambridge?] : [Limited Editions Club?], [1971?]
- Physical Description:
- 42 prints : wood engraving ; 24 x 16 cm + 1 paperboard box
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 92Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Shirley Smith's engravings were executed for: The poems of Percy Bysshe Shelley, selected, edited, and introduced by Stephen Spender (Cambridge : Printed for the members of the Limited Editions Club at the University Printing House, 1971).
The set of engravings are issued in publisher's paperboard box, which is covered in paper of a foral design; the top of the box bears the publisher's printed title label.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 92
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 165-210
BAC: British Art Center copy set of engravings is no. 7 of 25. The engravings have been removed from the publisher's original box and individually matted (see Section IV of the Moss collection).
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
"Boxed set of forty-two of the forty-six Shirley Smith engravings for the Shelley project [Bain nos. 165-206] printed on individual sheets of Japanese paper by the artist in a limited edition of 25 boxed sets, numbered and signed ..."--Moss.
- Subject Terms:
- Limited Editions Club -- Publisher.Shelley, Percy Bysshe, 1792-1822. Poems -- Illustrations.
- Wood engravings -- 1971.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.