Wind flowers / Steve Perfect.
- [London] : Steve Perfect, 
- Physical Description:
- 15 p. : all col. ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.P475 W56 2008Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "After many years seeking the spirit of place, these photographs were taken in the early months of 2008, a time when wind flowers were prevalent across the land: in the newspapers, in the mouths of politicians and in the trees."--Verso of cover.
Design by Geraldine Lau O'Shea.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 128
Selected exhibitions: “'Of Green Leaf, Bird, and Flower': Artists' Books and the Natural World" (Yale Center for British Art, May 15 - August 10, 2014).
"Early in 2008 plastic bags were headline news. Photographing them trapped in the branches of trees, I found that they took on an existence of their own in supernatural realm where images of fantasy and horror, dream and nightmare, formed and reformed as they moved in the wind. The book brings together a series of the images."--Information provided by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Litter (Trash) -- Environmental aspects -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Perfect, Steve -- Publisher.Photography, Artistic -- Great Britain.Plastic bags -- Environmental aspects -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.
- Artists' books.