Daylight jobbery : ephemera to 1985 / by Libanus Press.
- [Marlborough, Wiltshire] : Libanus Press, [1986?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 box (26,  leaves) : ill. (some col.) ; 34 x 24 x 5 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 110Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed materia l by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "These samples of ephemeral printing, with the exception of the trial settings, type specimens and all letterheads, are taken from commercial runs done to deadlines."--Index to the ephemera.
"The solander label is in Bodoni Ultra italic & Bodoni Condensed; the index is set in Monotype twelve point Joanna. The solander box was made by Smith Settle of Otley. there are seventy-five copies of this collection."--Index to ephemera.
"Includes eight items designed by or utilizing Richard Shirley Smith engravings."--Moss.
Cover title, on printed label.
Individual print types and papers listed in index.
Errata slip inserted.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 110
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 74, 81, 180, 183, 186, 235
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original clamshell box. Richard Shirley Smith's copy with his studio ex-libris.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
Comprises 26 unbound leaves with mounted specimens of ephemera printed by the Libanus Press, all collected in a drop-spine box.
- Subject Terms:
- Libanus Press -- Publisher.Libanus Press -- Specimens.Printed ephemera -- England -- Specimens.Printing -- England -- Specimens.Private presses -- England -- Specimens.
- Type specimens.
Wood engravings -- 1986.
- 1. Mary Calthorpe & Hong Chai Wong : [wedding invitation]
- 2. William Morris, born March 24, 1854 [sic] : [typographic keepsake]
- 3. Katharine House Gallery : [two private viewing invitations] ; Richard Shirley Smith : [private viewing invitation]
- 4. Katharine House Gallery : Julian Stair, Michael Whittlesea ; Katharine House Gallery : summer exhibition 1982 ; The Granary : exhibition of contemporary decorated ceramics
- 5. Katharine House Gallery : Bernard Myers, David Howard Jones, Peter Lane ; Katharine House Gallery : Henry Pim, John Wragg
- 6. The wife of bath her tale : [trial setting]
- 7. Bespoke furniture & sculpture : Jonathan Hawkes ; Marlborough Festival, June, 1986
- 8. Buzz buzz, John Heath-Stubbs [book prospectus] ; Katharine House Gallery invites you to an evening of music ; Barbara Wijngaard and Paul Watson : [moving card]
- 9. Beaujolais nouveau, 1984 ; Summer? barbeque : [invitation]
- 10. Ouds 1884-1984 : [card] ; Heather Wood : [business card] ; Fantoni Fantoni Franklin Bessenberg Banauer aspects
- 11. Trial settings for a reprinting of Gill's An essay on typography
- 12. Recalling the goddess in spring : A.H. 1345 / Alistair Elliot
- 13. [Letterhead for] F.B. Roberts ; Collins Harvill ; Richard Shirley Smith ; Storytape Productions
- 14. Katharine House Gallery : [three private viewing invitations]
- 15. Katharine House Gallery : [three private viewing invitations]
- 16. Katharine House Gallery presents The great functional pottery show of 1983 ; N. W. Lott & H. J. Gerrish's Gallery : a miscellany of cheap prints for Christmas
- 17. Katharine House Gallery : [private viewing invitation] ; Libanus Press : [late payment notification] ; Katie's birthday party : [invitation]
- 18. Trial setting for 'Theodore and Honoria'
- 19. Britannic majesty ; Peter Forster, ridiculum vitae 1983
- 20. [Letterhead for] : The Finzi Trust ; The Theatre of the Unexpected ; The Old Manor ; Judge Sykes & Harrison
- 21. Katharine House Gallery : [three private viewing invitations]
- 22. Luncheon & garden party in celebration of the recent acquisition of Springhurst House : [invitation]
- 23. Katharine House Gallery : [three private viewing invitations]
- 24. The Sapient Pig : menu, wine list
- 25. Katharine House Gallery : [two performance invitations]
- 26. Paul Watson : [business card] ; An alphabet, E.N. Ellis : [book prospectus] ; Katharine House Gallery : [booking confirmation].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.