The true line : the landscape diagrams of Geoffrey Hutchings / Colin Sackett.
- Axminster, Devon : C. Sackett, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xxxvii p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.S33 T78 2006Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Geoffrey Hutchings published just a handful of books, all addressing the search for geographical and topographical truths, and for ways of recording and depicting these truths precisely and economically by the handswitten word and line. In addition to his contribution to the development of the teaching of field studies in Britain in the late 1940s, with its emphasis on the direct observation and interpretation of landscape, he achieved a masterly ability to 'read' and transcribe a place in a graphic composition--be it a sketch-map of a plan, a tubular text in perfect balance of brevity and detail."--Publisher's website.
- Subject Terms:
- Charts, diagrams, etc.England, South East -- Maps.Geology -- England, South East -- Maps.Geology -- Maps.Hutchings, G. E. (Geoffrey Edward)Sackett, C. -- Publisher.Topographic maps.Topographical drawing.Visual communication.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.