Art, lux, et veritas, 2011 , 2011
Art, lux, et veritas, 2011 : personal responses to collections at Yale.
- Additional Title(s):
Personal responses to collections at Yale
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art : 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 47 p. : col. ill. ; 21 cm.
- Reference LibraryV 2414:1Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal meditations each written by a Yale undergraduate about a single work of art from the Yale University Art Gallery and Yale Center for British Art that has come to have a special status for the writer.
Foreword by Alexander Nemerov.
"... the first volume of what we hope will be an annual series."--P. .
- Subject Terms:
- Art appreciation -- Connecticut -- New Haven.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851. Staffa, Fingal's cave.
- I. Giovanni Battista Tiepolo : The Apotheosis of Saint Roch / Jack Bisceglia
- II. Vincent van Gogh : Le café de nuit / Kathryn A. Brown
- III. Ogawa Machiko : Round vessel with a torn mouth / Shannon Lee Connors
- IV. George Stubbs : A lion attacking a horse / Charles Francis
- V. Joseph Mallord William Turner : Staffa, Fingal's Cave / Bassel Habbab
- VI. Alberto Giacometti : Mains tenant le vide (L'objet invisible) / Michelle Ho
- VII. Shiva as Lord of the Dance (Nataraja) / Zoe Mercer-Golden
- VII. The Master of the Osservanza : The temptation of Saint Anthony Abbott / Isabel Ortiz
- IX. Pierre Bonnard : Interior at Le Cannet / Tessa Smith
- X. Sano di Pietro : Saint Anthony Abbott tormented by demons / Sophia Somin Yoo.