Art, lux, et veritas, 2011 : personal responses to collections at Yale.
- Additional Title(s):
Personal responses to collections at Yale
- New Haven : Yale Center for British Art : 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 47 p. : col. ill. ; 21 cm.
- Reference LibraryV 2414:1Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Personal meditations each written by a Yale undergraduate about a single work of art from the Yale University Art Gallery and Yale Center for British Art that has come to have a special status for the writer.
Foreword by Alexander Nemerov.
"... the first volume of what we hope will be an annual series."--P. .
- Subject Terms:
- Art appreciation -- Connecticut -- New Haven.Turner, J. M. W. (Joseph Mallord William), 1775-1851. Staffa, Fingal's cave.
- I. Giovanni Battista Tiepolo : The Apotheosis of Saint Roch / Jack Bisceglia
- II. Vincent van Gogh : Le café de nuit / Kathryn A. Brown
- III. Ogawa Machiko : Round vessel with a torn mouth / Shannon Lee Connors
- IV. George Stubbs : A lion attacking a horse / Charles Francis
- V. Joseph Mallord William Turner : Staffa, Fingal's Cave / Bassel Habbab
- VI. Alberto Giacometti : Mains tenant le vide (L'objet invisible) / Michelle Ho
- VII. Shiva as Lord of the Dance (Nataraja) / Zoe Mercer-Golden
- VII. The Master of the Osservanza : The temptation of Saint Anthony Abbott / Isabel Ortiz
- IX. Pierre Bonnard : Interior at Le Cannet / Tessa Smith
- X. Sano di Pietro : Saint Anthony Abbott tormented by demons / Sophia Somin Yoo.