IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Charlston, Lin, Once upon a time there were hedgerows-- , 2006
Once upon a time there were hedgerows-- / [Lin Charlston].
- [Ludlow] : Charlston Books, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill.(some col.) ; 21 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C434 O53 2006Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Leaves - carry the same images and text, which is associated with hedgerows. Text printed around and on bars across a central square cut-out. As the reader progresses through the book, the bars are removed, revealing a final square made up of 3 coloured rectangles carrying different texts associated with the loss of hedgerows.
Limited edition of 50 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 9 of a limited edition of 50 copies.
"Hard back codex, cut and bound by hand. Digitally printed. The subjective experience of hedgerows seems so far removed from the facts, figures and arguments in the 'hedgerow debate' that I have bound something of both into the book. The book is a structural narrative of disappearing hedgerows framed by drawings of the fruiting hedges."--Artist's statement.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Charlston Books -- Publisher.Hedges -- Great Britain -- History.Landscape archaeology -- Great Britain.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Screens (Plants) -- In art.Windbreaks, shelterbelts, etc. -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.