Charlston, Lin, Once upon a time there were hedgerows-- , 2006
- Once upon a time there were hedgerows-- / [Lin Charlston].
- [Ludlow] : Charlston Books, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill.(some col.) ; 21 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C434 O53 2006Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Hard back codex, cut and bound by hand. Digitally printed. The subjective experience of hedgerows seems so far removed from the facts, figures and arguments in the 'hedgerow debate' that I have bound something of both into the book. The book is a structural narrative of disappearing hedgerows framed by drawings of the fruiting hedges."--Artist's statement.
Leaves - carry the same images and text, which is associated with hedgerows. Text printed around and on bars across a central square cut-out. As the reader progresses through the book, the bars are removed, revealing a final square made up of 3 coloured rectangles carrying different texts associated with the loss of hedgerows.
Limited edition of 50 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 9 of a limited edition of 50 copies.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Charlston Books -- Publisher.Hedges -- Great Britain -- History.Landscape archaeology -- Great Britain.Paper work -- Great Britain -- Specimens.Screens (Plants) -- In art.Windbreaks, shelterbelts, etc. -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.