Alphabeta concertina / Ronald King.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( p.) ; 16 x 281 cm, folded to 16 x 11 cm, in boards 17 x 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 A46 1983b FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- The strip is folded accordion-style to form 54 page surfaces, on every two of which is formed, by cutting of the paper, a letter of the alphabet, A-M on one side of the strip, N-Z on the other. Only the boards, title page, and colophon contain printing. Issued in a clear PVC tray and sleeve.
"A double-sided concertina alphabet book made up of 26 pop-up capital letters. Two editions of 1000 copies ... cut and creased onto Heritage Book paper and glued to silk screened Heritage Museum end-boards, packed into a clear PVC tray and sleeve."--Cooking the books.
"Second printing, 1984"
Cooking the Books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 173
Facing the page: British artists' books, p. 51
BAC: British Art Center copy in original PVC tray and sleeve.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
- Pop-up books.
Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.