Dilnot, John, Winter buds , 2008
- Winter buds / John Dilnot.
- Alternate Title(s):
- British trees
- [Brighton] : John Dilnot, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( pages) : col. ill. ; 10 x 53 cm, folded to 10 x 3 cm, attached to boards 11 x 4 cm + 1 postcard (15 cm) and 1 card insert (16 cm)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D45 W56 2008 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- © John Dilnot
- Comprised of an accordion folded sheet printed with images of twigs (with buds) and the name of each tree specimen. Issued in a plastic bag with postcard (bearing a subset of the twig images) and a printed card bearing additional title and edition information.
Title on accompanying card: British trees : winter buds.
Limited edition of 500 numbered copies.
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 125
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 107 of a limited edition of 500 copies. Signed by the artist. British Art Center copy lacks plastic bag.
- Horse chestnut -- London plane -- Wild service -- Common beech -- Common oak -- Hornbeam -- Red oak -- Black poplar -- Wild cherry -- Common ash -- Alder -- Whitebeam -- Sweet chestnut -- Maidenhair tree -- Sycamore -- Common lime -- Walnut -- White willow.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Botanical illustration.Buds -- Pictorial works.Dilnot, John -- Publisher.Trees -- Pictorial works.
- Artists' books.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.