Making time : thoughts from a garden : a series of 50 / Jonathan Raisin & Elizabeth Willow.
- [Lancaster] : Raisin & Willow, 2011.
- Physical Description:
-  cards : col. ill. ; 7 cm. + 1 paper wraparound.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.R35 M35 2011 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Between 21st October 2009 and 21st October 2010, Jonathan Raisin and Elizabeth Willow undertook a project at the Nuffied Theatre at Lancaster University called Making time. In response to a brief to develop a year-long performance to explore the idea of time, and the concept of liveness, they proposed making a garden on the university campus. Jonathan and Elizabeth had never gardened before."--Making time.
Author, title and imprint from publisher's printed paper wraparound.
Also issued in 2011 is a printed account of the project: The Making Time.
Raisin, J. Making time. London, 2011, p. 
BAC: British Art Center copy complete. In original printed wraparound, initialed by the artists.
50 photographic cards, with images from a year long performance by Jonathan Raisin and Elizabeth Willow. Each card has an image from the garden on one side and a reflection of their experiences on the other.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Gardens -- England -- Lancaster -- Design.Gardens -- Symbolic aspects -- England -- Lancaster.Memory in art.Performance art -- England -- Lancaster.Raisin & Willow -- Publisher.Time -- Philosophy.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.