[The third rope / Sarah Morpeth].
- [Elsdon, Northumberland] : [S. Morpeth], [2008?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( leaves.) : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M675 T45 2008Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artist's book. Comprises seven cut-paper leaves bearing botanical designs (including front cover and back pastedown). The leaves are attached to accordion-folded stubs. Text printed on the back pastedown is an excerpt of dialogue from the film I know where I'm going.
"My starting point is always some text. The inspiration for many of my pieces comes from a 1945 film called 'I know where I'm going' (Powell & Pressburger). The film script, characters, cinematography and film structure influence my work--bits of the script trickle into my pieces, snippets of dialogue, forming and reforming, taking on new meaning and telling different stories. I use half-remembered lines of songs and poems too, so that text forms an integral part of many of my pieces, shaping their form in the process. I also turn to the landscape around me in Northumberland for imagery, using drawing as an essential part of my work process."--Artist's statement.
Title supplied by artist.
Limited edition of 30 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 6 of a limited edition of 30 copies. Signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Morpeth, Sarah -- Publisher.Motion pictures in art.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Toy and movable books.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.