Water like a stone : Xmas 2011.
- Townfoot, Elsdon, Northumberland : Sarah Morpeth, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 cut-paper work ; 19 x 21 cm, folded to 19 x 7 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND497.M83 X53 2011Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Elisabeth FairmanAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- The title may harken to the 19th-century Christmas hymn "In the bleak midwinter," by Christina Rossetti.
In a printed envelope, the front of which bears an illustration of the owl.
BAC: British Art Center copy in printed envelope addressed to Elisabeth [Fairman]. Signed: 'With best wishes Sarah'.
Cut-paper Christmas card, folded to form a triptych of winter scenes, featuring depictions of a nesting hare and an owl taking flight.
- Subject Terms:
- Christmas cards -- Great Britain.Morpeth, Sarah -- Publisher.Morpeth, Sarah.Winter -- Pictorial works.Women in natural history.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.