Blue sky research / Lin Charlston.
- 2nd ed.
- [Ludlow?] : Lin Charlston, 2010.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C434 B35 2010Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Artist's book. Each opening consists of a quotation on the left-hand page and an example cloud type on the right-hand page. The quotations concern Thomas S. Kuhn and scientific research. The cloud type entry consists of the cloud's name, a photograph, description of appearence, optical phenomera, and weather considtions.
"Conventional description of cloud formations shift toward genetic interpretations. The side narrative highlights 'blue sky' research which allows for open-ended, creative thinking within research."--Artist's statement.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Charlston, Lin -- Publisher.Clouds -- Pictorial works.Kuhn, Thomas S.Paradigm (Theory of knowledge)Science -- Philosophy.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.