[Hare pop up book].
- Additional Title(s):
Hare she loves the hill
- [Elsdon, Northumberland] : [Sarah Morpeth], [2011?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded sheet ( leaves.) : ill. ; 8 x 56 cm, folded to 8 x 8 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M675 H37 2011 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title supplied by artist.
Artist's book, on 6 accordion-folded leaves bearing a printed botanic design. To this strip are attached four figures of hares, cut from plain white paper; the hares are positioned so that their heads and ears protude from the edges of the book. Each of six central panels of the strip bear a single printed word, to form the line "The hare she loves the hill," from the Mother Goose nursery rhyme "The hart."
BAC: British Art Center copy in white gift box with the artist's printed label affixed to the top.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Hares -- Pictorial works.Morpeth, Sarah -- Publisher.Women in natural history.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.