King Lear / William Shakespeare ; with 9 original etchings by Christopher Kent.
- Guildford [England] : Circle Press Publications, 1973.
- Physical Description:
- 43 p., 9 leaves of plates : ill. ; 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR2819 .A1 1973+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Edition of fifty books with ten artist's proof copies."
"Nine separate etchings inserted into ten unbound 4 pp sections with the full text of the play printed letterpress in 10 pt Baskerville on J. Green mould-made paper. 50 signed copies, 35 x 25 cm in a hand-made card portfolio."--Cooking the books.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 169
BAC: British Art Center copy in original hand-made card porfolio. No. 10 of a limited edition of 50 copies. Signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Aging parents -- Drama.Artists' books -- Great Britain.Artists' illustrated booksBritons -- Drama.Circle Press -- Publisher.Fathers and daughters -- Drama.Inheritance and succession -- Drama.Kings and rulers -- Drama.Lear, King (Legendary character) -- Drama.
- Livres d'artistes.
Etchings -- 1973.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.