Itchen water / poems by Jeremy Hooker and etchings by Norman Ackroyd.
- [Winchester, Hampshire] : Winchester School of Art Press, 1982
- Physical Description:
- 1 box ( p.,  leaves of plates (1 folded)) : 10 ill., 1 map ; 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 19Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Ten etchings for ten poems, for a collaboration based on the landscape and history of the Itchen Valley. Poems printed letterpress in 14 pt Baskerville. 50 signed copies - 13 unbound 4pp sections with inserted prints ... on mould-made BFK paper in green cloth-covered solander box - 100 copies - 13 bound sections with tipped-in facsimile illustrations, in a hard cover. This book, though produced by Circle Press was published by Winchester School of Art in 1982."--Cooking the books.
"This edition comprises: fifty copies I-L signed by both poet and artist with ten initialled original etchings inserted into loose sections contained in a hand-made solander box (in addition there are six copies marked A.P. and four copies held for presentation), one hundred copies numbered 1-100, also signed ..., with tipped-in reproductions of the original plates and one initialled etching, bound into cloth covered boards"--Page .
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 173
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. X of the limited edition of 50 signed copies. Reproduction of map, "Hantshire" (1615), laid in.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Printer.English poetry -- 20th century.Itchen River (England)Winchester School of Art Press -- Publisher.
- Livres d'artistes.
Handmade papers (Paper)
Aquatints -- 1982.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.