Termite grid / Ron King ; cut by Anthony Hyde.
- Additional Title(s):
Log book 5
- [London] : [Circle Press], 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 art original : wood ; 11 cm high, 8.5 cm in diameter
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 T47 1998 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Imprint and author statement cut into bottom of log. Title cut into last leaf.
"Log books. An on-going project, begun in 1995, for a series of book-works which explore the possibilities of sawing a log of wood into book sections, or pages, which can be re-assembled into their original log form. There are variations in size for three main designs."--Cooking the books.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 176
Of green leaf, bird, and flower: artists' books and the natural world, p. 130
Selected exhibitions: “'Of Green Leaf, Bird, and Flower': Artists' Books and the Natural World" (Yale Center for British Art, May 15 - August 10, 2014).
"Termite grid. Inspired by the wood-worm track on the outside of a log, with finely sawn pages, codex-bound in linen, and a grid of holes drilled right through the thickness of the book block."--Cooking the books.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.Trees.Wood-carving -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Carvings (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.