King, Ronald, 1932-, 1/4 hollow log book , 1998
- 1/4 hollow log book : cut by hand by the artist / Ron King.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Quarter hollow log book
Hollow log book.
- London : Circle Press, 1998.
- Physical Description:
- 1 art original : wood ; 14 cm high, 18 cm in diameter + painted wood base
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.K55 Q38 1998 FlatYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- "Log books. An on-going project, begun in 1995, for a series of book-works which explore the possibilities of sawing a log of wood into book sections, or pages, which can be re-assembled into their original log form. There are variations in size for thre main designs ... Hollow Log (101) [the present work] Pages cut from the circumference of a hollow log divided into four codex-bound books of equal size."--Cooking the books.
Each of the four parts is bound with strips of linen. each part with 7 linen hinged sections.
Title and imprints from the bottom of the wood base.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 176
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.Trees.Wood-carving -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Carvings (visual works)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.