Peter Grimes : a narrative poem / by George Crabbe ; with twenty-two etchings by Anthony Davies.
- [Great Britain] : Clare Beck and Moira Kelly, 1982.
- Physical Description:
- , 13,  p., 22 leaves of plates : ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 16Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The text is taken from 'The poet's tale', an anthology of narrative poetry published by Hodder & Stoughton 1957."--Verso of title page.
"Designed and printed by Ronald King at Circle Press ... and binding by Dorset Bookbinding"-Colophon.
"Clare Beck & Moira Kelly 1982."--Head of title page.
"Twenty-two etchings and aquatints, four inserted loose into a folder with six 4 pp sections of text printed letterpress in 18 pt Baskerville and the remainder in a separate folder. 50 signed copies, 10 proofs ... on Saunders mould-made paper in blue cloth-covered folder and slip-case. A separate edition of 30 of each of the prints, fully signed, was published at the same time."--Cooking the books.
First portfolio, titled "Peter Grimes" : , 13,  p., 7 leaves of plates. Second portfolio, titled "The Etchings" :  leaves of plates numbered viii-xxii. Each plate numbered and initialed "AJD" in pencil.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 172
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 31 of a limited edition of 50 copies. Signed by artist. In slip-case.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Beck, Clare -- Publisher.Circle Press -- Printer.English poetry -- 20th century.Kelly, Moira -- Publisher.
- Livres d'artistes.
Handmade papers (Paper)
Etchings -- 1982.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.