Coffey, Brian, 1905-1995, Death of Hektor , 1979
- Death of Hektor / poem by Brian Coffey ; engravings by Stanley William Hayter.
- [Guildford, Surrey] : Circle Press, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- 23 p., 9 leaves of plates (1 folded) : 9 ill. (3 col.) ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 15Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "A collaboration between artist and poet with nine separate signed engravings (three in colour) with letterpress text in 18 pt Garamond. 300 signed copies, 50 proofs - six unbound 4 pp sections - ... on rag-made paper in black cloth folder and canvas slip-case produced by Jack Shirreff at 107 Workshop, Guildford, 1979."--Cooking the books.
"The engravings are numbered and signed by the artist"--Page .
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 9 of 35 artist proofs. Signed by author and artist. In slip-case.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 171
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.Hector (Legendary character) -- Poetry.Princes -- Turkey -- Troy (Extinct city) -- Poetry.Trojan War -- Poetry.
- Livres d'artistes.
Etchings -- 1979.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1979.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.