Birdie paper : a clutch of six hand drawn birdie notelets : fold in the wings to let you're [sic] message fly safely through the post / Lucy May Schofield.
- [England] : Lucy May Schofield, 2006.
- Physical Description:
-  sheets : ill. ; 21 x 15 cm + printed title card, 5 x 7 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.S36 B57 2006Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Designed to encourage more children to put pen to paper and to cheer up the stack of brown and white envelopes that arrive at your door when the post is delivered. Drawings of Blackbirds and Warblers adorn a set of six note-lets. Inside is a lined A5 space for your letter; on the reverse, once folded to make an envelope, a bird appears on the back and a space on the front for a stamp and to write the address of the lucky recipient. Offset litho printed in an open edition, 145mm x 100 mm. 2006."--Artist's statement.
BAC: British Art Center copy accompanied by two additional "notelets" that have been folded into envelopes.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackbirds.Letter writing.Schofield, Lucy May -- Publisher.Stationery -- Specimens.Sylviidae.Women in natural history.
Photomechanical prints -- 2006.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.